Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The new house...almost finished

I realize why I only had three blog entries in August of last year! It's because things are so crazy during the start of school and getting back into a routine has really taken a toll on my blogging life.
I thought there for a while that Kinsey was never going to understand this whole kindergarten thing. Luckily, she is doing very well now. As teachers, we forget just how much influence we have on our students when we are trying to teach them everything under the sun at school. But watching Kinsey pretend to be some of the teachers when she is at home makes me realize that everything we say and do leaves an impression on them in some way. Needless to say, she has come a long way from knocking down kids in line on the first day.
In other news, we are getting closer to closing on our new house. I can't wait until it is finished and we are done! They just hung the dry wall and have the outside finished. They are going to start all of the interior next. As long as everything stays on track, we should close on Sept. 18th. So if you would like to help move...we are looking for helpers! Here are some pics of the progression, enjoy :)

the plot of land with the pond in the back (I know you can't see the pond, but it's there)


second week of building


looking from the back to the front door (I would have taken more pics of the inside, but it all just looks like a bunch of wood and you really can't see the layout)


third week of building, siding and stone finished


the beautiful stone we picked out


More pics to come as they build it :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sitting here with tears in my eyes (you know me and my crazy emotions). It is so beautiful. I can't believe how fast it went from just a plot of land to a full bred house today. I am so excited for you guys, and can't wait to get you moved in. Congratulations to you both!!! You guys deserve it.
Love Ya, Mom.

Emma and Greg said...

YYYEEEAAAHHH! Your house looks beautiful! :) Congrats Miss Kacina! We cant wait to come and see it in person :) And as for moving helpers Greg and I might just be availabel... depends on the weekend, but we will try our hardest to help out :) Take care and cant wait to see more pics! LOVE AND MISS YOU!

Nick and Jill Juday said...

This is so exciting! Cant wait to catch up and get info on everything thats going on with you! :) Miss you !

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails