Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Dear faithful commenter of indystar.com,

I find it necessary to take a pause and thank all of you for your helpful comments about the failings of IPS. You never fail to let your voice be heard and express your dissatisfaction with the teachers, students, and administrators. You always point out the things we have never seen in our system. It takes a big person to tell everyone the problems but never be part of the solution. I'm sure I don't need to point out that children often model what they hear and see. So thank you for modeling behavior that shows your disrespect and lack of approval of IPS teachers and administrators.
Many of you stated your helpful suggestion that the state take over the district. I suppose you're right. I'm sure the state will ride in on their magic horses and fix everything that is wrong with education in our system. They will surely be able to fix a 12 year old student who often has to stay home to care for her mother who has advanced kidney disease and cancer. I'm positive they will have the fix for said student who has to monitor her mother's blood sugar and take her blood pressure while her father works multiple jobs just to support the family. I bet the state can even an 11 year old student who witnessed her mother and father be arrested in their home for drugs. By all means, they know the best practice for these children is to have a scripted curriculum where students have no academic freedom to inquire and explore education.
Since you have so much free time to analyze and post the negatives of IPS, please volunteer to mentor a group of our rising students. Contrary to what you may hear, we have some of the most amazing, dedicated children who overcome more adversity than a lot of other districts. These children need positive influences to show them what it's like to value education and respect everyone. We need people to influence our students who care about them. You have made it painfully clear that you are not one of those people. Aside from interjecting your comments on an indystar post, what have you done for education in IPS lately?

Respectfully

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails