Today was picture day...for Kinsey and Kaitlyn. We are so fortunate that our child care provides picture day four times a year. This is very helpful for us because photo places around this time of year are CRAZY, to say the least. As soon as you walk in there are kids crying, parents getting frustrated, people even camp out like it's American Idol I think. Certainly not a place for Christmas spirit, even though children are forced into that itchy holiday dress and are made to smile like they love those horrid tights.
We have not ordered pictures in quite a while. And by quite a while, I mean Kaitlyn had no hair in the last set of pictures we have and she now wears her hair in a pony tail..well, I put it up in a pony tail only for her to take it down within exactly 3.5 minutes.
So this morning I gave Kinsey the task of making sure Kaitlyn kept her pony tail in until after pictures. I told Kaitlyn that she could take it out as soon as her pictures were done. She told me ok but in the back of my mind I prepared myself to get the proofs back with her hair down.
The whole drive to pick them up from school today, I was ready to hear that Kaitlyn didn't keep her hair up. Much to my surprise that was not the case when I walked in. Kaitlyn still had her hair up! But that was the least of my worries...
She had on her spare set of pants. You know...the ones you throw in the school bag that they never wear. The night before, I carefully picked out their outfits so they would coordinate and have matching jeans. Imagine my shock when I saw Kaitlyn wearing her PINK CAMOFLAGUE pants!! I asked the dreaded question..."Kaitlyn, did you have an accident today?" When really I wanted to know, "Were these pink camo pants in the picture?" Amy so politely informed me that Kaitlyn had her accident 20 min. before pictures so she didn't have time to wash her jeans before pictures. Awesome! She said that they had to do some creative positioning so that Kaitlyn's pants didn't show in the picture. Doesn't she know...You don't pee your pants on picture day! I can't even remember the last time Kaitlyn had an accident. Here I was all worried about her hair when I should have been worried about packing another set of jeans that would have worked better than pink camo. Next time I'll try to plan for everything!
No comments:
Post a Comment