Saturday, September 3, 2011

A little update

Since the start of school, we have been non stop around here.  Since I have a moment to catch my breath with a long Labor Day weekend, I'll update you as to what has been going on with us lately.

New Job:  Jason took a new job with a new bank.  He is very happy with this move and seems to be settling right in.  In true Jason fashion, he is getting restless with training and wants to jump right in and begin selling.  It is a great promotion with better opportunities for advancement so we are both excited!
New Car:  Jason bought a brand spankin' new car.  I guess since he got a big promotion, he figured he needed a car to match.  Just joking...the truth is that he was driving my Impala which was just simply worn out.  (That tends to happen when you put 150,000 miles on a car in just over six years.  We drive a lot.)  He ended up with a 2011 Impala, only much fancier with all kinds of bells and whistles.  He thinks he is really cool and loves to remind me that my car doesn't do all that fancy stuff.  
Soccer:  Kinsey started soccer two days a week last week.  Yep, I'm officially a soccer mom now.  I just need the mini van to match.  She is loving it.  They have just had two practices but start their games next week.  She is really excited to get her jersey and soccer pictures!  I'll get some pictures up soon!
School News:  Probably the most exciting for me is that my donors choose project has been completely funded.  I can't say it enough, but thank you to all of the donors that have helped me with this project.  Because of these donors my classroom will be getting over $750 worth of new books for my classroom library.  I was so worried when I put this project on #1 because it was my first project and I wasn't sure what the heck I was doing #2 I knew I was asking a lot.  Donors choose tells you to try not to make your request larger than $400 and mine was $756.  I braced myself for my project not getting it funded in time.  I have to say, I was so taken by everyone's generosity.  Thank you again to everyone!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails