Sunday, March 28, 2010

I am Michael Scott

So much has happened since my last blog post. Trying to find the time to sit down and write it all seems an overwhelming task sometimes.

Last week I finally made it to the doctor for some dry skin I had on my foot and elbows. I thought it was winter eczema because my skin always gets very, very dry in the winter. However, it is actually psoriasis. The doc gave me a new cream to put on it and told me it would best if I could wrap my foot with saran wrap at night after I put the cream on. Naturally, my first thought goes to The Office when Michael Scott burns his foot on his foreman grill because he likes to wake up to the smell of bacon. Of course he wraps his foot in bubble wrap. That's what I thought it would look like so I decided to just stick with the cream and not go all Michael Scott (sorry doc). The good news is that it is starting to heal and looks so much better. While I was there I also talked with my doctor about the horrible headaches I've been having for the past three months. They are worse than migraines and they make me sick. Of course they start as soon as I leave school and begin my hour commute back home with the sun blaring in my eyes and a chatty five year old in the back seat (Note: bright light and noise do not help migraines). The doctor found that my blood pressure was way too high and he was very concerned about it and started me on a medication for it. I went to school the next day and had the nurse check my BP and it was still too high. She and my principal sent me home to rest. I'm not sure which is worse: stressing at school or stressing at home because I'm not at school. Either way, I found it hard to rest. Day three of the medicine was like the clouds parting because for the first time in a very long time, I felt good and headache free.

In related news, Jason and I joined the Y. We have needed to get our butts in gear for a long time. The issues with high BP only pushed us harder to change our lifestyle. We have been going almost every night to work out. The girls have been taking full advantage of the open swim times, swim classes, and kids play area. It is so nice because it's something that Jason and I get to do together and support each other on. We took the girls to the aquatic easter egg hunt yesterday. They got to find eggs in the pool and practice their swimming. They had so much fun! They are like little fish.

Last weekend we bought a new kitchen table. There is an Ashley Furniture that is going out of business near us so we went to the show room and took advantage of the sale. The table we found matches everything perfect. The regular price was just over $900. The sale ticket had it for $404 and we talked them down to $300. We have black appliances and dark cherry cabinets. The table is black with dark cherry wood. It couldn't be more perfect. Jason and I put the table and all the chairs together last Monday and felt a real sense of accomplishment.



For my birthday Jason got me a Garmin GPS (which I use even when I'm going to the store because I love it) and three shelves that I've been wanting for our living room. I finally put the shelves up but didn't have anything to put on them. Yesterday, the girls and I went to Hobby Lobby in Carmel and they were having a huge sale. Almost everything was 50% off. I found these little monogram frames that fit perfect on my shelves. I'm still debating on whether or not I should take the ribbon off of them.


Well, we are off on vacation tomorrow for spring break so the next post will be of all the fun we had. Enjoy your week everyone!

1 comment:

Emma and Greg said...

Are you okay lady? this post made me very nervous... what can i do to help :) Love and miss!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails