Monday, February 15, 2010

Recent Happenings

#1 Happy President's Day and all that
#2 Congratulations to my best friend Sarah Ryan and Phil for getting engaged this weekend! Love you both so much and I'm so excited for you two :)
#3 Congratulations to Adam and Nanci Custer on their new baby girl..I can't wait to meet her.
#4 Congratulations to Megan and Joel Lucky on their news of expecting their first baby :)
#5 Happy Valentine's Day a little late. We celebrated Valentine's Day as a family and spent Friday night and Saturday together. On Saturday afternoon I received this wonderful gift Most of the strawberries were chocolate dipped and delicious!
Late Saturday evening my mom came to visit for a few days. It has been so busy with everything going on that we really haven't spent much time with our families from Fort Wayne so it was nice to see my mom this weekend. The last Valentine's gift I got was a wickless candle, which I have been burning the Sticky Buns scent all day and it smells amazing! I got the one called Zeus and it matches my kitchen perfectly. These things are amazing and you can find them here or if you want to host a party, I know a consultant.
#6 My baby Kaitlyn is now 4 years old..FOUR! I know it's cliche but I can't believe how fast the time goes. We celebrated with our family and friends by going to Pizza Hut (Kaitlyn's choice) and then taking everyone to build-a-bear. Everyone had a great time and said how much they enjoyed it.



#5 Kaitlyn received a gift card for Old Navy for her birthday. I took her there and let her pick out whatever she wanted with her "credit card." She did a pretty good job. She picked out this whole outfit and the cow!
#7 Last semester my students finally finished their Social Studies projects on Medieval Times. I created a webquest (Click here to check it out) for them and incorporated it into writing. Students work independently and in groups to create newspapers. Each student had to write three articles. We stressed paper by putting it in a tea bath (the students LOVED doing this!) to make it look old. When all of their articles were finished, they had to decorate their newspapers. Here are a few of the finished projects:




#8 Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails