Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Bananas

Today has been one of the craziest days that I've had in a long time. I don't want to go into much detail...we'll just say that there were too many incidents of crazy happening for me to handle in one day.
As if my own students weren't enough, as I was working very diligently in my classroom during my prep, I get a knock on my door. As I told them to come in, I notice that it was one of the reading tutors and a second grade student. I don't know the second graders very well (I feel like they are in another world upstairs) but I've had ONE encounter with this child before so I knew who he was. The tutor so nicely says, "He said we needed to come to you. That you would help." I look at the little second grader and he says to me, "She made me read the whole story and I peed in my underwear. I need new underwear because I peed." I responded to him, "ME? You want me to give you underwear?"
Now, I know I'm a lot of things...but I do not have a supply of underwear in my classroom. I would like to know where this child got his information.
I quickly found another teacher and sent this child off to the social worker, who might actually have a supply of underwear, to help him.
To finish my crazy day, I went to pick up Kaitlyn from daycare to find her dressed like this:

in 46 degree weather. Not only is she wearing an orange summer dress, heavy blue floral tights, not pictured is the mismatch sweater that she had on over this mess with crazy white sparkle shoes. Clearly, she either A)dressed herself today or B)Jason did not want to make her cry for the second day in a row when he told her it was too cold to wear a dress. She told me on the way home that everyone loved her outfit and that all her friends, all between the ages of two and four, thought she looked beautiful. So I just smiled because she was soo happy that she finally got to wear her tights and a dress...even though she looked crazy (and made mom and dad look crazy too), it made her day!

1 comment:

Emma and Greg said...

Noted... when i need new underwear you are the women to see :) HAHAHAHA! too funny :) thanks for the Thursday laugh Miss Kacina... LOVE AND MISS YOU TONS!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails