My mom has this alarm clock that she just raves about. When she got it, she was so excited to show me all of these awesome features like it having two alarms, a weather station, a cd player, and changing colors. I, too, thought it was very neat...until I stayed the night once.
See, my mom gets up very early in the morning for work and she always sets two alarms 15 minutes apart. The alarms are always set unless they are turned off. She has always been very gracious in letting Jason and I stay in her room when we are visiting. Well, this last time I forgot to turn off the alarms before we went to sleep. Of course, the first alarm goes off at 3:30am and I have no idea what is happening. Some how I managed to turn it off...or so I thought. At about 3:45am the next alarm goes off. In a state of confusion with the room being very dark and being half asleep still, I just started pusing buttons. This time, I pushed the stupid weather button and then couldn't get it turned off. While still trying to turn off the alarm, I pushed another button and the cd player opened (which I found out was broke and wouldn't shut). I finally got so frustrated and just unplugged the whole thing. I smiled and snuggled back into bed as I thought the problem was fixed. At 4:00am this thing goes off again! It was freakin' unplugged and still went off!! Little did I know that this alarm clock also runs on battery power..in case a power outtage happens. Needless to say, I think it is a horrible alarm clock and do not recommend it to anyone. However, it certainly does its job in getting you out of bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment